Development Exchange Centre (DEC) Bauchi - Vacancy
Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a non-government, not-for profit organization with a mandate to support rural and urban women to improve living conditions. This is pursued through the provision of social and micro finance services for socio-economic empowerment.
DEC seeks to employ a qualified and experienced person into the position of the Resource Mobilization Officer who will be responsible for building an increasingly, diversified network of resources, including development partners, corporates, philanthropists, and foundations. The officer will target partners who share in the vision of DEC and provide funds, technical support, and other forms of collaboration to meet the current and future needs of DEC.
Publication date: April 7th, 2021.
Facilitate the development of DEC Resource Mobilization Strategy that includes securing new, diverse and additional resources for DEC in accordance with the Resource Mobilization Manual and should respond to DEC’s funding needs.
Conduct and develop funding needs assessment for DEC.
Conduct research on potential opportunities, donors and partners. This includes proactive identification of funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally before they become public knowledge and constantly scan the horizon, network and solicit donor intelligence and share information on donor profiles (policies, preferences, geographical focus).
Draft appealing proposals and concepts to diverse sources, including development partners, corporates, philanthropists and foundations.
Produce Resource Mobilization Plans and Reports as per stipulated periods and requirements.
Work closely with the Finance team in development of appropriate budgets. Developing, managing and updating DEC’s partners’ databases to record their contacts and preference information; maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships.
Develop and Strengthen Partnerships for Joint Proposal Writing especially with credible organizations. Includes registering with relevant fund raising associations. Organize resource mobilization events for example, Donor Round Tables.
Maintain relations with donors and ensure they are consistently and timely informed on important operational Issues. This includes effective communication with donors’ focal points and being DEC’s focal point for resource mobilization and sustainability activities.
Support programme teams in resource mobilization efforts and strategies, collaborate and foster innovative approaches to resource mobilization activities.
Perform other related duties as required.
1. B.Sc. Or HND in Social Science, Business Management, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
2. Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in developing fund-raising strategy and institutional resource mobilization, understanding of the development sector and grants management. A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporate and foundations.
3. At least 3 years’ experience in NGO Sector.
4. Proven competence in written and spoken English, Good writing and editorial skills.
5. Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
6. Confident presenter who is able to engage people and get them to commit funding/and
or to partnership.
7. Strong organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking skills
and excellent interpersonal relationship skills